What is occupational medicine?
Occupational Medicine is the branch of medicine dealing with workers' health and the prevention and treatment of diseases and injuries in the workplace, such as exposure to dangerous materials, cuts, fractures, poisoning and falls.
The objective of occupational health care is a healthy and safe working environment, a well-functioning working community, prevention of work-related diseases as well as the maintenance of employees' working ability and functional capacity, and promotion of their health.
Occupational Medicine Goals:
- To reduce industrial accidents.
- To prevent occupational hazards/ diseases.
- To achieve maximum human efficiency and machine efficiency.
- To reduce sick absenteeism.
Advantages of Occupational Medicine:
- Prevents occupational diseases and other work-related illnesses
- Prevents premature incapacity for work, reduces pension costs
- Reduces absenteeism due to sickness
- Prevents you from hiring employees who use illegal substances
HOW RITECARE CAN HELP
Ritecare Urgent Medical Center is available before accidents happen in order evaluate the employees and their work site environment in order to promote and maximize safety, health, and productivity. We provide a wide range of programs and services tailored to meet the particular needs of the company. Our staff communicates and coordinates with all providers involved from accident to final discharge. We are committed to reducing loss time by our return to work policy. Our urgent care centers in Miami and south Florida can get your workers back on the job quicker and ensure continued productivity.