Keeping your health Rite – Flu Shots available TODAY
Flu Shots Hialeah
Flu Shots Hialeah
Getting a flu shot is your best chance to avoid getting sick. According to the most recent study conducted by CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), a flu vaccine reduces the risk of flu by 50%-60%1. To quote the study, here are just a couple of benefits of getting a flu shot:
- Flu shot can keep you from getting sick with flu.
- Flu shot can reduce the risk of flu-associated hospitalization, including among children and older adults.
- A 2014 study* showed that flu shot reduced children’s risk of flu-related pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) admission by 74% during flu seasons from 2010-2012.
- Another study published in the summer of 2016 showed that people 50 years and older who got a flu shot reduced their risk of getting hospitalized from flu by 57%.
- Flu shot is an important preventive tool for people with chronic health conditions.
- Vaccination was associated with lower rates of some cardiac events among people with heart disease, especially among those who had had a cardiac event in the past year.
- Flu shot also has been shown to be associated with reduced hospitalizations among people with diabetes (79%) and chronic lung disease (52%).
- Vaccination helps protect women during and after pregnancy. Getting vaccinated can also protect a baby after birth from flu. (Mom passes antibodies onto the developing baby during her pregnancy.)
- A study that looked at flu shot effectiveness in pregnant women found that vaccination reduced the risk of flu-associated acute respiratory infection by about one half.
- There are studies that show that flu shot in a pregnant woman can reduce the risk of flu illness in her baby by up to half. This protective benefit was observed for up to four months after birth.
- Flu shot also may make your illness milder if you do get sick.
- Getting vaccinated yourself also protects people around you, including those who are more vulnerable to serious flu illness, like babies and young children, older people, and people with certain chronic health conditions.2
Given all of the above, it’s no wonder that flu shots are so popular among patients at Ritecare Medical Center. If you’d like to find out more or schedule a Flu Shot in Hialeah, don’t hesitate to contact us.
At Ritecare Urgent Medical Center, we provide immunizations for you and your family in the comfort of our rooms in our center. You may make an appointment online and we will contact you by phone to schedule an appointment or you may visit as a regular walk-in patient. Our goal at RiteCare Medical Center is to become your primary source for vaccine information, education and administration.