Ritecare Urgent Care Medical Center focuses on providing high quality and affordable medical care for non-emergency situations. Our facility is primarily treating illnesses or injuries that are not life-threatening but need professional medical care all the same.
Over the years, our urgent care clinic has helped patients get excellent medical treatment while avoiding long lines at emergency rooms or primary care facilities. Now, you can save even more time, thanks to telemedicine.
Telemedicine in a nutshell
Telemedicine is also known as telehealth. It’s making use of the internet to consult with doctors and communicate with patients.
In rural communities where getting proper medical care may be challenging, telemedicine has been able to address the gap. Not only does it make health care more accessible to communities that are far off and isolated, but it also cuts the cost of transportation and efficiently makes use of the doctor and the patient’s time. Coordination with other doctors and specialists from anywhere in the world is also possible, especially in remote areas where the ratio of specialists vs rural patients can be as low as 43 per 100,000 population.
For as long as the telemedicine platform and the internet connection are stable, safe, and secure, the doctor consultations can continue wherever the patients may be.
Telemedicine in Hialeah
The rise of telemedicine has ushered in more developments and improvements to our urgent care services. Through telemedicine, patients can get medical advice for their health concerns without having to go to our clinic.
If you are keeping in touch with your friends and family members in the digital world, then the idea is the same for patients and their medical providers. Telemedicine is not only convenient, but it also functions as an added safety measure for patients and clinic staff during the COVID-19 pandemic.
For instance, diabetic patients, whose immune system may be easily compromised when there is an outbreak, can safely stay at home and still be in contact with their doctors, thanks to telemedicine.
Patients who want to benefit from telemedicine in Hialeah should keep in mind that openness is crucial in teleconsultation. At Ritecare telemedicine urgent care, Florida, our doctors will ask for your medical history, so be sure to keep your health records close to you while teleconsultation is ongoing.
Health is affected by many factors and lifestyle plays an important role to help patients achieve the best of health. Through telemedicine, patients can give their doctors a glimpse into their lifestyles so that they can be provided with more relevant and personalized medical advice.
Types of Urgent Care Procedures Conducted via Telemedicine at Ritecare Urgent Care, Hialeah
The following conditions can be attended through telemedicine, often in place of an actual visit to the doctor’s clinic:
- Health issues affecting the ear, nose, and throat of a patient. It’s possible for the doctor to examine a patient’s earache, a sore throat, and sinus symptoms via a video camera in a telemedicine platform.
- Skin conditions. Patients with rashes and other skin problems may easily upload photos for the doctor to check and advise on treatment. If needed, the doctor may further ask to see the patient for a video conference checkup to assess how bad the problem is.
- Respiratory problems. Patients with seasonal allergies, cough, colds, and flu may also be examined via a telemedicine video chat platform.
- High blood pressure. Chronically hypertensive patients usually have a sphygmomanometer at home to check their blood pressure daily. A virtual consultation with our doctors will have the same benefits for these patients minus the stress of traveling.
Advantages of getting telemedicine urgent care in Florida
Although telemedicine has its limitations, the benefits may outweigh the disadvantages in certain situations. Below are some of the advantages to the community:
- Getting available, accessible, and affordable medical treatment for urgent cases.
- Receiving professional advice in real-time, especially when time is valuable to consultations and treatment.
- Avoiding queues and getting high-quality medical advice in the comfort of your home.
- Remote monitoring of the patient’s condition and progress, especially for vulnerable members of the community who are limited or restricted to go out due to specific constraints (e.g. older people, pregnant women, persons with disabilities)
- Increased patient and doctor engagement that allows for better medical care and treatment adherence. Studies show that telemedicine patients are 38% less likely to be hospitalized or to exhibit depressive symptoms because they are not getting the medical care needed.
- Cost-efficiency, with at least 11% reduced expenses for both patients and doctors, according to the American Hospital Association.
With the threat of COVID-19 not showing any sign of subsiding anytime soon, we are even more dedicated to making our services available for those who need them. Our telemedicine service is only one of our many responses to the COVID-19 situation. We want to make sure that our patients get the best treatment they deserve without making any compromise.
Learn more about Ritecare Urgent Care Telemedicine in Hialeah
If you have further questions about telemedicine, don’t hesitate to contact our doctors at Ritecare medical center in Hialeah. Our facility is at one with the entire medical community in fighting this pandemic. We have implemented strict preventive measures to ensure the safety of our staff, patients, and the community. We also provide COVID-19 testing in Hialeah or Coronavirus testing in Hialeah for those who need it.
At Ritecare, we provide you with excellent, reliable, and affordable care. For inquiries, you may call us at (305) 200-1225.
The material contained on this site is for informational purposes only and DOES NOT CONSTITUTE THE PROVIDING OF MEDICAL ADVICE, and is not intended to be a substitute for independent professional medical judgment, advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your health.